Hey! Thanks for stopping by and checking out this blog. 1 John 4:18 says “There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear;..” In the fall of 2005 I was diagnosed with cancer and was faced with my biggest fear – dying young. My fear WAS that I wouldn’t be alive to watch my kids grow. The worst thing about the timing of receiving the diagnosis (like hearing you have cancer is ok at any other time…lol), was that I had a little 2 year daughter and I was 2.5 months pregnant with our second born. Talk about being faced with my worst nightmare!
During the whole process, (even though hearing that the form of cancer I had was very treatable), I was scared. Who wouldn’t be? It was during this time however, that I began to experience the closeness of God like never before. I remember times sitting on my couch and feeling as if God himself was holding me in His arms as I cried. Here is where I began to realize the unfathomable depths of God’s love for me. It was here that I realized that as long as God loves me (which is eternal) I KNOW that He is holding me and that He has my back. Understanding His love means, understanding that I need not fear.
My desire is as you pop by to visit, that you will find the encouragement and support to face your fears, gain an understanding of how much God loves you and begin to live the life you’ve always wanted, beyond the four walls of fear.
I decided to write you a list so you can get to know me better:
- I’m a list kinda girl . I love making lists. Any sort of list from packing to groceries to things I love and am grateful for.
- I am a foodie at heart. I may not be the best cook, but I really like to eat good food. So, for me, that means I’m a foodie!
- I love all things shiny! When I say I love it I mean it. From shiny windows, to gleaming floors, to sparkly diamonds. I do firmly believe that there is a fine line between a classic shine and tacky sparkly.
- I’m passionate about the local church and Jesus! There is a deep desire in my heart to see each person become more free from the “Yuckiness” of life and mature in their walk with God. I love it when the local church impacts their community,.. isn’t that why it exists?
- I am completely in love with my husband and three children. My best times alive have been spent with them.
- I am a pastor. A woman who leads.
I think that’s a good list. Done!